1 March 2011 TuesdayFirst paper of prelims - ESAP (Psychology)
People sure choose lousy timing to make me angry
I was still studying in the morning of my ESAP paper but due to (the above sentence), it wasn't any conducive enough for me to keep studying.
I spent the rest of my morning doing other things to distract myself and keep myself calm for the afternoon paper.
It is not due to anxiety of the paper, more to agitation from certain people.
I reached school at 2pm and the invigilators were rushing us to enter the lecture theatre so that I couldn't wait for my friends to enter the venue together.
When I looked at the venue, I got a shock - huh? we are going to have our exam in the lecture threatre (the kind like at an auditorium with little and low tables) and everyone is sitting side by side.
We are not allowed to choose seats but have to sit in sequence according to the time we entered.
I was surprisingly calm for the paper and did most of the questions required.
The paper was surprisingly ok, I expected harder questions in mock exams.
I know I need more improvement: having a hard time recalling the important names and studies, time management and the need to know all the chapters.
After the paper was over, I looked around but didn't see my friends at all, recieved message later that one of them left early.
I had an early dinner in school and waited for my parents to fetch me.
At home, I relaxed by watching korean drama - pink lipstick and recorded japan show.
Yea, next time, I can try cooking the Japanese way.
The program was funny especially when one of the celebrities in the show invented a way to make the husband wake up and getting ready to go to work in 5 mins time.
Later, I studied summaries of accounting for my accounting paper tomorrow.
2 March 2011 Wednesday 2nd Paper: POA (Accounting)
I had a bad time sleeping last night.
Angry and negative thoughts kept going into my mind and I tossed and turned in bed.
I think I had less than 6 hours of sleep.
It is not that I was thinking of angry and negative thoughts earlier in the day or whatsoever.
I deliberately ignored or distracted myself away from angry and negative thoughts most of the time.
So it was rather unexpected that I suddenly had this flood of angry thoughts in the night.
Again, negativity sure choose lousy times to get me down.
I worried that lack of good sleep will affect my performance in my accounting paper.
I was in a bad mood while waiting for the exam venue to open.
Thankfully, my classmate was near me and he came to say hi and we were talking while entering the venue.
The venue was the same as yesterday.
It got me quite concerned because accounting needs to take space and there is really limited space - no room to put calculator and blah blah.
One of the invigilators mistook my pencil box as a bag and she told me that bags are not allowed in the exam venue. haha
This time, many rulers, calculators, pencils, erasers, student cards and stationary "flew" due to the lack of space on tables.
Again, I am surprised that the POA paper is manageable compared to last year's paper.
Need to improve:
- time management
- need to familiarise more with formulas and other important qualitative and quantitative information
- clear representation of workings
- increase speed of doing
- do a better analysis of implications and ratios
Alright, in a matter of 2 days of the first week, I have completed 2 papers, 3 more to go!
3 MARCH 2011 THURSDAY - 4 MARCH 2011 FRIDAY Tension started in me and I felt that I couldn't calm down, as though I need to have tight hold of time.
Tension makes me unable to concentrate fully on 1 chapter.
I felt like I need to move on without concentrating fully on 1 chapter.
It is weird that of all papers so far, I am anxious for Organisation theory paper.
Actually this paper should be manageable, and not something to be anxious about.
2 days are really not enough to complete the whole syllabus of Organisation theory.
I only did 6 chapters but only of the study guide (which is like only the outline).
I couldn't bring myself calm enough to read the lecture notes (which slightly more than the outline)
I could feel a headache coming soon if I continued to study so I stopped studying.
5 MARCH 2011 SATURDAY 3rd paper: Organisation theory
I gave up studying and was watching videos at home.
I entered the examination venue early and was sitting at the front row.
For the 15 mins before the exam commenced, we have heard numerous repeating of instructions by the chief invigilator. (until we are so bored of it but he was quite funny with his sincerity and expression)
The girl on my left had super long nail extensions and that really made me wonder how is she going to write.
Erm, her handwriting is very bad, probably due to her long nail extensions.
The girl on my right is very impressive, once the exam commenced, she kept writing on and on non-stop with fast speed and she left early, perhaps already completed all of the 4 required questions.
I wondered whether does she even think of the questions, given the benefit of the doubt, she is still amazing.
I left early too, later than the girl.
Main issue for me:
- not enough time for me to study adequate information, if not, I could have done better
- time management
I went to the library and started photocopying relevant notes for my HRM.
I didn't study for the rest of the day because my brain is very tensed up and not prepared to study for another subject.