14 Jan 2011 Friday
Actual Plan for the day is to study 4 hours with my friend Naomi in NUS but it was cancelled because she decided to take up an extra class for the day.
Well, I am ok with it, I shall study at home then.
Next week - got 2 tests (Strategy and OTIA) and 1 assignment due (Strategy).
New Plan for the day is to study for POA and some HRM readings.
Today is my Father's birthday and we had ice cream instead of birthday cake
15 Jan 2011 Saturday
Studying for strategy test
afternoon - lunch with family outside, grandparents' place and my youngest cousin
more productive studying outside for this year
Doing business is like playing a game of cards
- once start playing, you cannot let other players at the game table to know your cards i.e. cannot let rivals know the cost structure of the incumbent firm
- even if you have lousy set of cards, must behave as though u have good cards to scare the players off i.e. entry deterrance techniques
Thinking of doing internships after finishing my exams this year but have to see whether the internships are available for me in June
So far, I am interested in Internship with Consulting Firm and with Child care centre offered by our school's psychology society
Not only that, I have already informed the President of Modern Contemporary Dance (which is my friend I knew in Hiphop Junior Dance Class) that I will be attending lessons after May exams
I am interested in learning the basics of Modern Contemporary Dance and can train up my basics and flexibility as well
So exciting- I am already have potential plans what I am going to do in June!!
Hmm, this can increase my motivation but I think studying outside is still better for me than studying at home for this year
16 JAN SUNDAY 2011
CSI EXHIBITION
17 JAN MONDAY 2011
Surprised that there was no test and assignment due today
18 JAN TUESDAY 2011
School
19 JAN WEDNESDAY 2011
No school today~~
2OTH JAN THURSDAY 2011
No School today~~
21 JAN FRIDAY 2011
No school today~~
But going for interview for internship
Well, after talking to the interviewer, I knew that he already not going to choose me because I cannot even meet the basic academic requirements needed for the internship
Still, I am glad that he gave me advice - free of charge somemore (come to think of it)
Where can you even get an expert in his field to tell u advice on his own accord?
All along, I know what my favourite job would be but I don't know how to bridge to achieve what I want to do.
And he handed me the knowledge of the connection (bridge)
For this, I am really grateful. ^_^
He said a lot of important things too
" Even though you have disadvantage, You need to differentiate yourself among the rest"
" A degree helps you to open many doors but it depends on whether you will keep the door open"
" Having a relevant degree doesn't mean you will do well in the field..."
I think the last one is to comfort me.. =_=
I will work hard to build on my experience even though my degree is irrelevant to what I really am interested in.
After this interview, I went to study in the library and did seriously speed reading on case examples.
I feel so good!
In the afternoon, I had lunch with my friend DWS
Then i continued to study until it was time to meet the CCA member to pass the renewed membership fee
I went home to buy dinner together with my bro and we watched Toy Story 3 while having dinner.
My parents were away for the day to Malaysia with my father's colleagues.
That's the reason why I went home early from school to have dinner with my bro.
22 JAN SAT 2011
At home
23 JAN SUN 2011
At home