Death is when time doesn't matter anymore....
My grandmother's 2nd elder brother passed away a few days ago(last friday at 3 pm). His family is the closest to us but I only spend time with them when I was a toddler..so i couldn't recall much. When I heard of how he was desperately clinging on to his life, I felt that when someone is very near the death door, life seems so much precious. If i were him, I would struggle to stay alive too. I admit that I am someone who fears death.
He had cancer...should be throat cancer...his children didn't want him to undergo operation because the cancer was already at the advanced stage and the success of the operation is rather low. They decided to let him do the 2nd method-some treatment. It didn't really improve much and somehow or rather, the illness worsened. He started to blame his children for their wrong decision. When they noticed that he was coughing or something, they were caring to buy him those cooling tea and blah blah in the hope to get him well....but the situation worsened. Eating anything has caused him to feel like he was going to die from choking.
Agonizing days went past...until he went to a deep sleep to numb the pain..the doctor told us that he had only 20 hours left. My parents visited him and was shocked to see him growing so thin. His organs had all failed and the air that he was breathing in was making him in an unconscious state and to forget the pain that the cancer was giving him.
There were too many worries for him...he worried about his wife who suffers from short term memory..he worried about his children and his grandchildren...
tears started to flow when he was trying very hard to stay awake
the most amazing thing was he endured 60 hours instead of the 20 hours that the doctor predicted....
how precious life is....
words can't describe how i feel...
my mother finally revealed a truth that shocked me and my bro...my parents didn't want us to know....it really affected me...for a few days, i kept thinking of whether i am actually in the same plight...being kept in the dark...this fear that never occur to me at all came....
truth is hard to accept most of the time...