I am either too tired to update my blog or there is nothing much to write about. I don't feel like me.
Try not to think about what I could have if it could be done my way.
School has started for me on 1 Aug. Thank goodness, I have a friend ( actually is my friend's friend's friend) who is going to attend most of the lectures with me. Another friend didn't have the same lectures as me so I don't think I will get to see her often in school. I don't like to attend classes on my own. Incidentally, she lives in the block beside mine. Ain't that convenient? We tend to see each other before when we were all little kids. I only actually know her during the end of last year. I thought that was the first and the last time that I will be seeing her. Haha..little did I know, we will be going to school together too. Life is full of coincidences right?
The first lesson was Maths..to be precise, it is basic maths for those whose brains are rusty from lack of usage after all those months/years. The type of maths that everyone knows in secondary school. One lesson is 3 hours each. Of cos, there is a break in between and we spent that time chatting instead of munching. I love playing with the lecture chair. If you come across any spoilt lecture chair..maybe it is my doing..just don't tell the staff about it..haha jkjk...saw 4 people that I knew in this lecture. Oh ya..we happened to be seated behind this guy and his friend. He styled his hair in a strange manner and was dyed yellow. Very distracting leh..haha his hairstyle made his head looked so big..such that it kind of obstructs my friend's view of the lecturer. My friend decided that he looks like a lion..which i totally agree.
I had to wait for a very long time for my next lesson. So I went to the JE library to pay my fine. Had my lunch and walked around that area. Lots of time to spare. I am taking principles of sociology too. It is something new because I don't exactly know what is sociology. Now I feel that it is an interesting subject to take up because it gives you different perspectives about society and life. Need to do lots of reading up which reminds me of geography. Gah..need to write essays again.
The whole lecture theatre was in pitch darkness except for the area near the big screen. So we were unable to look at the screen because it was too bright. We couldn't look at our notes because it was too dark. No one said a thing so I presumed that they were fine with it. I just knew that I had a hard time reading my notes. Slowly as time goes by, the people in class began to open up because of the lecturer trying to make the lecture more interactive. Someone suggested switching on all the lights but the lights in the lecture theatre was built in such a way that the lights near the big screen couldn't be switched off. Someone at the back grumbled " now we have to still write in the darkness." haha
The lecturer wanted us to form into groups for discussion. Because of that, I got to know 4 new people- the person beside me and the 3 girls in front of me. They are very friendly. One of them looked so much like my secondary schoolmate but I know it wasn't her. The real person is now working because I saw her a few times already.
Wow..the lecturer is very well-read especially in history and religon haha..I don't know that King Henry was the one who indirectly started the 'Enlightenment'. ( Though it was for his own interest). The ' Enlightenment is an intellectual movement of the 18th century which promoted rationality among people. That means people no longer use supernatural as the reason of what happened. For example: when there were volcanic eruptions, people in the past believed that they have somehow angered the gods and they will have to make animal or human sacrifices to appease the gods. Due to this ' Enlightenment', people now understands that volcanic eruptions is due to the plate movements of the Earth and it has nothing to do with religion. Maybe intellectual development among the people is one of the reasons that we have to study so much..haha
It doesn't feel like I am going to school at all..more like attending tuition classes.
Where has that feeling gone to?