Students have school for half day yesterday but I don't have. So mean...
This is going to be an exceptionally long entry...I think. Maybe I should summarise everything.
Went to visit the Ford Factory during National Day. Been wanting to go there for a very long time. It has been revamped...hmm..so it doesn't have that spooky feeling. Yea...it was free admission on National Day. There were quite a number of statues in the museum...was trying not to go so near them. Guess old fears are difficult to get rid of. Managed to watch the whole NDP parade. It was alright. I love this year's song- Will you.
Went back to my secondary school. Things have changed. The vacant land has been used to build a sports hub ( indoor soccer area) and a farm. I prefer the vacant land with lots of vegetation because it feels as though I am in another country. Would never forget the beautiful scene whereby the sun rises at that particular area..too bad I didn't take a picture of it. The Jalan Bahar camp has been turned into Sheng Shiong supermarket. (-_-)" So weird.
Yeah...we have homework. *clap clap* Homework seems to be rare in school so far. I miss doing homework. Lots of things to share from the lecturers.
His friend's wedding was held in a coffeeshop. (-_-) Because he didn't want many people to know that he married a Vietnamese wife. He didn't want to be seen with his wife at all. So what's the point? Might as well stay single all his life. My lecturer was puzzled so he asked him about it. Perhaps he didn't want to go through the dating process...want an "instant wife"? Ahh..his friend went to the agency......there was a 20% discount during that period of time..because it was the off-peak session. So he got a wife for $8k instead of the usual $10k. (-_-)" So "...." Then he went on by saying that all the girls in the agency have expiry date or a short shelf life..cos the agency couldn't possibly keep on displaying the old supply. They need to keep having new supply from overseas. Those who failed to get chosen would be sent back to their respective countries.
* Oh boy...they are treating girls like commodities. Reminds me of Econs here.What a hard life! I suddenly feel very blessed to be a Singaporean. *
Most people, in general, would have pity the girls who would be chosen because they would have to stick with people that they don't even love for the rest of their lives. My lecturer always have interesting opinions. He disagreed with this perspective because he felt that these girls are already very lucky. Those who sent back had to deal with the shame of not being able to attract guys and what's more, they will be forced to work in brothels and seedy places. This scenario is bad enough.