Was playing Audition during evening when I came across a room by the name of my secondary school!! So I went in and talked to the DJ ( the player who opens the room). Haha so it turns out that he is my junior, currently in sec 3. It feels so great to be called a senior. (^_^) Aiya, but I am always a senior most of the time-not a big deal. Makes me sounds so old though.
So we started talking about the school for a few hours. I miss my secondary school life so much. He told me that a lot of things have changed. He was sec 1 when I left school already. So I guess the principal was there for a while and then the new principal came along. While schooling there, I used to worry that I won't be able to achieve the core values of the school after I graduated there. Strange that I am worrying over such things but the NE exams always include questions related to core values, so that made me wonder about my character/personality. Haha...I am proud to say that I have all the core values now. Heez I personally feel that my principal (the principal who started this school from scratch) is a great principal. I will never forget her words of wisdom.
We used to have the "something" bytes...don't exactly remember. My school was featured in the Strait Times for a few times about this. During sec 3, I was accidentally captured in the Strait Times photograph regarding an article about Schools discussing on Terrorism. Haha...It's me in it!! Haha... The bytes things refer to the activities done during assembly.
Monday- teacher's meeting
Tuesday-Rev up ( it means running) There are different kinds.
One is called the vertical run...ya know school campus have a lot of different blocks? So we have to run up and down in every school block. This is super tiring...haha i remember teachers will be stationed at different areas to see whether we are actually running. If not, we have to restart the whole run.
Mr Chor (my science and physics teacher for 4 whole years) will be telling us to keep up the momentum and he included all those physics stuff when he was encouraging us to run.
Mr John Lee ( my biology teacher as well as sec 3 form teacher - i dun like him) loves to shout at us instead.
Then we have the obstacle run..have to jump here and there..crawl here and there..roll here and there...but i think this is the most relaxed run among the rest..haha
The other one is the "8" run..must run around the perimeter of the HDB housing estate..so it looks as though in the shape of a "8".
Wednesday- Stand and deliver! Our source of entertainment. The aim is to boost our confidence to speak up and everyone must go on stage once in the four years there. Each class has to go up to the stage to perform a short skit every week. Sometimes it was very interesting and funny. Last year, my school joined the Chinese TV competition- the Singapore version of the Japanese Chao Ji Bian Bian Bian. My school should have won loh!!! The skit is better compared to the other school but maybe cos the rival is a established school for many years. Of course, the ex students of that school will be voting their alma mater. Yea I voted for my school too but it didn't help in the winning. The judges supported my school's work but voting counts too. So much for quality work...
Thursday - Home@WWSS It is the interaction between the form teacher and the students.
Friday- In-Touch. Another source of entertainment too. Every class has to go up to the stage to present a current issue. I was told by my junior that next week's issue will be about dengue fever.
I think the programmes are good..i looked forward to it rather than boring assembly sessions.
Unfortunately, starting from this year, Stand and Deliver is no longer active. So sad.
I am told that the folk dancing sessions are no longer compulsory. Now it is only for the sec 1 and 2 ..and the upper sec NYAA students. So not fair!!! I have been learning that for 4 years...Since the previous batches have been learning that for 4 years, the present batches should be doing that too. Equal treatment mah. My principal felt that we should have social etiquette..that's why there is compulsory folk dancing sessions. To tell you the truth, I dislike folk dancing. I prefer other types of dances..like hiphop..haha My junior misses folk dancing though. He missed holding girls' hands..haha (-_-)"According to him, there is a new move- hug. Hmm.. i didn't know about that. All of us (my cohort-pioneer batch) learnt waltz for our 2004 opening ceremony. Keep on turning here and there- made me dizzy. Somemore..need to change partner.
They still have lots of enrichment programmes.
Most of the pioneer teachers have left the school. What a pity- even if I go there, no one will recognise me. It turns out that my maths teacher for 3 years is teaching him E maths this year. So he is going to ask her whether she knows me. How can she not remember me? If she doesn't remember, I will go to a corner and cry. haha She is one of my favourite secondary school teachers.
Perhaps I have a knack of letting people just say out their private stuff...??!! He really started saying out things that maybe no one will say that to a stranger. But i think his friends' comments are interesting...
"Singapore..so many girls...must be her meh..."
My school song has rock version..haha hmm..not exactly rock version, but an upbeat version.
He even said that he and his friends has a techno version but the teachers don't know about it. I remembered we learnt how to compose techno music during music lessons. Actually it is quite manageable.
The current sec 4 students have air conditioned rooms. So good!!! We didn't even get to enjoy it....Enjoy while they can.
I am glad that he and his friends are working very hard in their studies.
Wish them all the best in their studies and do our school proud!!